Friday, July 15, 2011

It’s all about the sauce; BBQ-fillets / BBQ-saus

Yum! I promise this sauce will make –almost- everything better. I first tried it on fillet of pork, admittedly I went a bit overboard with the sauce on this one but once it had it’s turn in the oven it was all gooey and good.

IMG_3248

IMG_3250
(just prior to the oven it looked like this)

At the time I made a double batch and froze the remainder of the sauce. Used it to baste fresh made chicken vegetable wraps… oooh sooo good!

A splash of this sauce mixed in your home made spaghetti sauce will give just that little extra and used as a base on pizza it really does the trick! So what’s keeping you?

Recipe BBQ-sauce
(Can’t remember where i got this from, probably combined a couple of things but if you recognize your recipe give me a shout and I’ll give credit)

1 large onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
50 ml orange juice
350 gr ketchup (yes really)
150 gr “stroop”  you would use molasses I guess
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
1 tsp colemans mustard powder
1 tsp tabasco
10 ml worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
oil

Sautee onion and garlic in a little oil, add juice, ketchup and stroop/molasses.
Add all spices and bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir every now and then to prevent sticking.
Take out the star anise and cinnamon stick and reserve in containers to freeze, use right away or can.

Note: I’d like to add some minced carrots to the sautee. Adding some red and green bell peppers to the mix is a nice idea as well.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fairly standard BBQ sauce (except for Stroop, of course). Sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even look at them they are so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! And oh my goodness stroop!!! I love stroop but unfortunately it's not that easy to track down here in the Philippines. Fell in love with it when I was living in Amsterdam for 3 months...I could put it on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm this recipe looks so delicious and nice and i think that fits perfect with my taste and in my opinion is a very easy recipe, so i think i will try it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hoelang is deze saus houdbaar in potten?
    groetjes
    celine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Celine, ik heb niet geprobeerd deze saus te wecken, dus dat zou ik niet durven zeggen. Ik weet wel dat het zich prima houdt in de vriezer! Ik heb verschillende keren een flinke hoeveelheid gemaakt en dan in kleinere bakjes ingevroren. Prima te doen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate and enjoy reading all your comments! If you have any questions feel free to email me.