I will not elaborate any longer, it's is the busy season and this recipe is quick and satisfying, just what we need these days:
1.1/2 cup water
1 cup raisins (or any other kind of dried fruit that loves to be plumped)
1 ts baking soda
3/4 cup suar
1/2 ts nutmeg
1 ts cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable oil (4 tbs)
1 egg, somewhat whisked
- In a small saucepan get the water to a soft rolling boil, add raisins, turn down the heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain, reserving the liquid!
- Add baking soda to liquid and stir to dissolve
- Combine and whisk dry ingredients, add raisins, give a quick stir
- Mix wet ingredients (reserved liquid, oil and egg)
- Add wet to dry and stir like any muffin batter; not too much, just until combined.
Using a muffin tin, bake these for approx. 20 minutes at 350F or 175C.