Friday, March 16, 2007

Carrot cake like Martha

Just like a Vermeer ? I mean the can, the light? All that is missing is the sturdy kitchen maid. (Sssh, don't tell anyone, she was there but not prepared to be in the picture).

Recipe courtesy of the one and only to be found here. No wait! Do not click yet! Please let me remind you to not compare! I mean, it's just the outside right? Do looks really matter that much? What really matters is what is on the inside. Like with people remember? Thank you for hearing me out. Okay, now you may click.

Filled with nuts, added some poppy seeds. Did a different frosting and I should not have done that. I should have listened to the Mistress. This cake needs a soft smear of creamy frosting, not a crackly crust of lemony something. Well the lemon was okay.....
With the 20 cm round cake tins I used, the cakes could have been in the oven a little longer, the inside was a little too moist to my liking.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, that looks very good, I love carrot cake! I couldn't find the cake from martha right away (sorry, not to patient in searching) but you can serve this to me anytime! And a lemony something that crackles sounds better to me than soft! How did you find the time to make this as well with all that building going on. If you served this one to the builders...well they were tipped!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, did you serve any of this to the workers? That would sure have been a tip. I tend to think coffee and anything is better than most places they work.
    I say that's beautiful cake and looks beautiful inside and out. I'm wishing a piece. Lemony crackles sound fun and I'd love to try. Certainly next time I make one I hope I remember to put a little lemon zest in both the cake and the icing! That sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks wonderful! Carrot cakes and the cream cheese frosting topping are a favorite of mine. And I like them moist, so yours sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I agree about Martha's frosting. I like your idea of the crackly lemony one. It's kind of like those English Christmas cakes-fruit cake and sweet crackly contrast. Save me a slice-I'm on my way over.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate and enjoy reading all your comments! If you have any questions feel free to email me.