Tuesday, November 07, 2006

There's a hole in the bucket.... To fix or not to fix....


You know this song? There's a hole in the bucket dear Liza, dear Liza..

It's cold outside, it's Holland, so it's mostly grey and wet... my camera is stalling so I need to get it fixed. Soon.

Went to the dentist this afternoon, got a tooth fixed...temporarily!

Switched on the ceiling light upstairs and there was a flicker and darkness..needs fixing.

Tried to finish a pair of trousers I'm sewing and the machine is stuttering, eh...needs a thorough cleaning and eh fixing?

The moment I use the hot water tap our heating system stops (and only resumes action after manually switching a tiny stubborn knob which is clearly not meant to be switched manually) so this needs fixing too.

The conversation with the local authorities concerning collecting garbage went surprisingly well, I was able to make an appointment this week (!) and they will come to collect the stuff that's too bulky/heavy. Reasonably priced too! But... I knew there had to be a cinch: someone (duh) needs to be present at our house from 7.30 in the morning till 16.00 hrs. That'll be me I guess... And all this junk has to be ready out on the street in the morning at 7.30! Not the evening before...

Well fix it, dear Karen, dear Karen fix it!

To cut a long story short, it's alcoholtime! Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. Proost!!

    en eh .........
    succes met je grofvuil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja..dank je, ik zal het nodig hebben, het wordt flink slepen! En ik wist echt niet wat grof vuil in het engels was, blij dat je het begreep :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song. It does seem to fit just oh so many occasions.
    It is such fun to wait for work people to arrive at your house!
    Enjoy the wine, it should fix a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate having to get stuff outside for the grofvuil. We are in an apartment and we're not allowed to set it out the night before, so lots of swearing and stuff when we have to be out there at 7 am to put it out. Even worse, they only come at 3 pm or something anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But you at least have a nice glass of wine and some fine bread to enjoy yourself while waiting. I hope you have a whole bottle and a big loaf. I wish you patience... to be fixed. Anyway, good times are ahead ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mandy, welcome to my ramblings, hope to "see" you again! And there should be an about page in the upper right hand corner... I'm as Dutch as apple pie...or make that erwtensoep :D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed reading your blog and wonderfing if the garbage got collected-how terrible to be at their merci--drink on! Cheers and Happy cooking.(I am a Dutch person,born in the states!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate and enjoy reading all your comments! If you have any questions feel free to email me.